Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put pod filters on my 1978cx500, pulled the h-box off and put the emgo shorty mufflers on. I then re-jetted to 95/125. I ran it yesterday and this morning and have noticed a few issues. First is that from 0 to about 3000rpms, the right cylinder is not firing. Then at about 3000rpms the right cylinder kicks in and it seems to run pretty good. Second, when I let off the throttle the right cylinder backfires a couple times until the engine settles down. It doesnt backfire when its idling, or when the throttle is on, only when I let off the throttle and the rpms are falling back to idle. The last thing that I have noticed is that it seems very boggy in first gear, like it just doesnt want to get up and go. I feel like these three issues are all related and definitely have everything to do with the changes that I made, because it was running fine before all the modifications. Does anyone have any clues as to what might be going on? Could it be a simple carb adjustment or is it something bigger than that. Thanks for everything guys

Cody

·
Registered
724 Posts
sounds like a synchronization issue and/or when you put the jets in they the air needle needs adjustment. pull the spark plug you may be hella rich. how many turns is your air needle?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
by air needle do you mean pilot screw? if so it is at 2 turns out right now. I still need to pull the plugs and see how they look.
a photo here of your plugs would be ideal

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, here are a few pictures of the plugs. I have labeled them left and right side so you can tell which is which. Just a reminder, it is the right side that is not firing at idle or below 3000rpm, then it kicks in.

Thanks guys

Cody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.