Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 79 custom and I noticed that the running lights are not working. Both front a rear blinkers are working, but no running light. I checked the grounds and they look good. I check the bulbs and they look good. Unfortunately that is the extent of my electrical knowledge. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,155 Posts
Hi mate, where in the world are you? It makes a difference. You may or may not have a light switch.

Also, please define 'running lights' .

I think I've just twigged. You mean the ones in the front indicators and you're in the US?

Put this info [bike, location] in your profile. It makes it simpler.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You should be aware that you'll only have running lights in front, via dual-filament bulbs. Did you verify that the bulbs in the front turn signal sockets are dual-filament? Also, check in the fuse box (under the square cover at the center of the handlebars) and make sure there are two 10-amp fuses in place. The lower one is for the running lights.

·
Super Moderator
21,155 Posts
Checking the fuses is a good idea, but with a 2 fuse + main system he should be missing a couple of othe electrical items shared on the same fuse.

Are you certain they're not single filament aftermarket replacements or simply rear ones?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I didn't know that the light would only be on in the front. You just cut my work in half. I confirmed that the bulbs are dual-filament. I will check the fuse. I assumed that the signal light and runner would be on the same fuse, so I didn't think to check. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts