Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys have been super-helpful to me so far, and so I am leaning on you again to point me in the right direction. Hopefully when I get some miles under my belt, I can pay it forward.

I took my '80 CX 500 Deluxe out for its first spin this morning. When I came home, I noticed that the rubber had come completely off the shifter lever. I can't imagine it's good for my boots.

I have since covered it in hockey tape to protect my footwear and to give me some extra traction. Does anyone know where I can get a new bit of rubber (or whatever) to replace the old one?

Please remember - I'm in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Call up your nearest honda dealer. They should be about $7. Other than that some 1/2 inch fuel hose would do the trick. Probably many solutions.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maggot,

Where in Canada are you ?

I have UK contacts and i got my gear shifter from here for my 79 Deluxe: http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CX500-1978/part_112607/

Hope this helps...........Keith........

I live in Ontario (the Greater Toronto Area).

I will check that site out. I don't need the whole shifter - just the rubber.

Thanks.

*Edit: Just ordered the rubber from David Silver Spares. Can't beat two bucks!

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Other than that some 1/2 inch fuel hose would do the trick. Probably many solutions.

Ditto.I cut a bit of rubber pipe and used that on one of mine.Actually grips better than the harder plastic type one on my other CX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.