Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learned an aweful lot today as a new rider. Got up at sunrise to rain, and I thought eh...why not...so I geared up in my rain attire and ventured out. I thought now would be a good time because there is noone on the road on a Saturday morning this early, and it was a slow misty kind of rain. Learned how the helmet performed, how well the rain gear did, and it was a cautious but good time.

Met up with my Uncle & Cousin later once the weather cleared and pounded out some miles. Went to Southeast Harley, had some lunch, and nearly made it home before the down pour. Stopped at the gas station, topped off the tank, suited up again for rain, and made it home safely.

One question I have is it normal to be at around 3500 rpm at 35 to 40 rpm?

Tried tightening up the rear brakes to eliminate the 'chatter', it helped some, but I still need to likely dress the lead edges of the shoes.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Your revs are normal.My UK CX500 have the larger 18" rear wheels so at 5,000 rpm I'm doing around 6 Mph.These engines were designed to rev high and at the time it was said no one could produce a Push rod motorcycle engine that could rev as high as the CX500s.Honda proved everybody wrong

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.