Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i have rebuilt myt carbs with ne acc. pump diaph. and air cutoffs but for some reason my right side carb is not getting enough fuel it runs on one cylinder and if i choke the right carb a little bit with my palm the right cylinder picks up and it runs great is this an issue in the carb like do i need to pull it off and boil it like there is something small blocking the fuel? im at a loss any help is good help thanks guys.

The bike is a 1983 GL500I

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You may have tweaked the float on that carb, (causing low fuel level on that carb)a quick check is to put the bike level on the center stand and connect a pair of clear hoses to the carb drain nipples, and route them up above the carbs, open on the ends. Open the drain screws and see if the fuel level is the same on both carbs. Low on the faulty carb tells you to look at the float level. Another possibility is an air leak, maybe a cracked o-ring at the intake manifold/head joint. If original, these are dying regularly. Also, check the low speed adj on the faulty carb for being closed or nearly so. If none of these, it's time to open the carb up again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.