Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rickbert, did you ever locate a supplier of brake hoses for your bike?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I couldn't find a supplier for "rubber" ones which is what I was looking for. Although I guess I didn't really look that hard.

I'm not sure anyone makes replacements for motorcycles in the rubber anymore even though they still use rubber on all the NEW Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Yamaha etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the course of getting my '78 cx500 back on the road after a long layup, I had to do some brake work. The front brake just felt soft and after repeated efforts to find air in the system, I just about gave up and accepted what was there as normal.

I asked some questions at the local hydraulics shop and a steel sheathed brake line was recommended. He made one up for me and pressure tested it. All was OK. I installed the new hose on the bike and was really impressed with the difference. The soft feel of the brake was gone and it felt solid and still is good after three years.

I will get one made for my GL500 later this summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.