Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've just purchased a complete 1982 CX500 Turbo and it's in quite a state (see images attached).

The story goes that the bike had a slow-speed accident in the late 1980s, and was kept in a garage ever since and not repaired. It looks like the only damage from the accident is fairing and footpegs (fingers crossed).

The real damage came as the bike was left to rot for 30 years, and as a result the seller has told me the engine is seized (won't turn over freely).

My goal is to restore it back to running condition, however as this is my first Turbo (but second CX500) I really don't know where to start in assessing the engine's condition. Would you take the heads off and just start poking around to find the cause of the seizure?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hugh

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fix. Please. Doesn't look slow speed to me from the road rash.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could use the front fairing grille for the cx500T if anyone decides to part out one of the bikes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you part it out? I'm after the covers for the handlebar center section. Both top and bottom sections missing from my bike. PM me if you have them for sale. Thanks, Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts