Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've completely refurbished my 650C and was going to put pics of my scooter on here , but it wont letme because the pics are too big... I see some of the pics on here have been "resized" how is that accomplished? any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey BikerMike

I dont know about the rest of the crew here but I use IrfanView IrfanView. Its free and does a good job. Just open your picture and press ctrl-r. That gets you into the resize GUI. You'll have tons of options there. Once you select your options hit S to save it and give it a new name...no fuss no muss. Hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
It also depends on where you are putting the picture. When I upload original pix from my camera card to a storage site like Photobucket you can insert them into posts without modifying them. Here is a link of how I do mine into posts.

This site does have restrictions on other methods of posting pix, such as for the signature line, and the avatar. That is when you need to resize them to use. Do note though, for the signature, you can utilize the "thumbnail" type I mentioned in the above link. Those are clickable to enlarge.

This forums software does have the option for personal galleries that store the pix on-site, but CC did not opt for that option when he set this new site up. It does use a lot of bandwidth, which is more costly.

Hope this helps.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
66 Posts
This works super fast and super easy for Windows XP.

Click This Link to install Windows Image Re-sizer. Just follow the instructions, it's a very very small program. After it's installed, restart your computer and...

Then

·
Registered
816 Posts
With Windows Image Re-sizer, you can also re-size multiple images. After clicking on multiple images in the folder (or a CRTL-A to tag them all), do the right click and select as shown. I use this as a quick way to resize.

Otherwise, the IRfanView program is very useful. Great price as well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.