Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Having just gone through the wiki instructions for casting/molding the plastic knobs, I want to say (for those considering this purchase) that $80 is a fair price for a ready to paint cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='JSD' date='27 January 2012 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1327679576' post='142474']

Left side $64.95 right side is $79.95 and this price includes shipping. If you u purchase a pair you save $5.00 and it is $139.95 Pictures will be available in a few minutes.

Hi i would like to order a set of side covers if that would be ok. how do i go around ordering them.

Regards

Rab

·
Super Moderator
15,340 Posts
Left side $64.95 right side is $79.95 and this price includes shipping. If you u purchase a pair you save $5.00 and it is $139.95 Pictures will be available in a few minutes.

if you want to place an order contact me via messanger on this forums

Hi i would like to order a set of side covers if that would be ok. how do i go around ordering them.

Regards

Rab

Might help to do what the red says.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
If you're just poking around the forum and brand new here -

Don't put you're email in a post - the "spam-bots" might light up your email account

If you want to contact JSD about sidecovers - Under his "avatar" pic is an envelope symbol. Click on that to send him a Private Message.

Fib

·
Registered
800 Posts
we also can make any plastic or rubber parts

How about making the rear cowl fairing that attaches to the rear seat of the GL's,

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
How about making the rear cowl fairing that attaches to the rear seat of the GL's,
There are a lot more of those needing replacement than there were CX650Cs made!

The biggest problem with the rear cowls would be trying to match the paint. They were a very unique color to start with and then you have to try to match the fading.

·
Super Moderator
15,340 Posts
There are a lot more of those needing replacement than there were CX650Cs made!

The biggest problem with the rear cowls would be trying to match the paint. They were a very unique color to start with and then you have to try to match the fading.

Yes but having an option is better than no cover.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Have you ever thought of making the fuse covers. There was a place selling them for $20 plus shipping but they disappeared and most I see are broken or gone.

Edit. Just noticed it's still available from honda for $24 so maybe that's a no go. Everyone I talked to seemed to think they didn't exist anymore. Or maybe you could produce them cheaper. I'm not a fan of my local honda dealers.

yes and we are working on reproducing them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how to reach this person outside of here? Like does he have a website or something? I've left messages and they are unread. I'd really like to purchase a left side cover!!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks - K

·
Super Moderator
15,340 Posts
Does anyone know how to reach this person outside of here? Like does he have a website or something? I've left messages and they are unread. I'd really like to purchase a left side cover!!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Thanks - K
It just says to message him on here.

·
Administrator
1,569 Posts
It's too bad you made the covers identical to the stock covers... stock covers are UUUUUUGLY. Would have been nice to have a more CX500C-styled cover. I cannibalized my 650 for a swap to the 500 frame though, so I went to rather an extreme to change the styling

Charles.

H

·
0 Posts
Has anyone got in touch with this person that is makin these covers?? I really need them to finish my restoration

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Are you still making the reproduction side panels by any chance?
Hi Zee....MurrayF asked me to give you the contact info for 650C side covers....I've recently been in touch with the makers....here you go, email:

rddepew2 at aol.com

or, by phone:

Darlene Depew @ Harmony Studios

Cell: 315-573-355five

21 - 40 of 53 Posts