Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm veering away from using an "ultima" harness now and I'm looking at picking up a new "stock" loom that I can tidy up and adapt to run the bike.

My question is, will all CX500 harnesses work? (i.e - Custom, Eurosport, year of manufacture etc...)

I have a 1980 CX500.

Or will I need to find a harness for a plain ol' CX500 from the same year?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good move :) I'm not certain, but would avoid Eurosport ones and go with a normal 'Standard\Deluxe' or 'Custom' CX one - wouldn't think specific year was such an issue.
Awww, now I feel discriminated with the 2 Eurosport harnesses I have lying around ;)

Reactions: delabourke

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you are looking to simplify your lighting and accessories wiring have you looked into the Motogadget M-Unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good move :) I'm not certain, but would avoid Eurosport ones and go with a normal 'Standard\Deluxe' or 'Custom' CX one - wouldn't think specific year was such an issue.
Yeah it seems to be the quickest, easiest and most reliable solution now :) easier on the wallet too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the custom harness is different than the deluxe one

the 1980 north american harness is different from the global one but can be interchanged

the north american one has a tail lamp monitor
I'm in the UK haha, but I'll try and keep my eyes open for those models!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are looking to simplify your lighting and accessories wiring have you looked into the Motogadget M-Unit?

I haven't no....but I shall, what is it?

I'm changing front lights/turn signals and rear lights/turn signals to LED's, so I'll probably have some issues there too! would it just be a case of adding resistors?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts