Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a suitable replacement gas cap for a 1981 CX500 Deluxe tank? I'm having no luck finding one so far.
Thanks.
Ted A.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I may have an extra. I'll look and see.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Did you get it yet and does it fit? I have a roached deluxe tank and the cap from that would not fit on the standard tank I got as a replacement.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Scott, I notice that you have an '81 Deluxe and the link lists compatibility with the CX Standard and '79 to '80 Deluxe. Maybe that's when they skirted the filler port. The only time I've been conscious of the difference was with dccoleman's Deluxe, but I don't recall what year it is.

R

P.S. I still haven't come across that cap I got from you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you get it yet and does it fit? I have a roached deluxe tank and the cap from that would not fit on the standard tank I got as a replacement.
Yes I did, and yes it does. Processing and shipping took a little longer than I expected, but I may be spoiled by Amazon Prime and eBay's strict shipping guidelines.

I purchased what I believe to be a Deluxe tank (I don't know the difference between a Deluxe and Standard) without a gas cap. Here's some photos of it.

20160203_162945.jpg 20160203_163004.jpg 20160203_163024.jpg

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
That's a Deluxe tank, or maybe a late Standard with the locking cover. The wire strike gives it away.

R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts