Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My CX 650e project is unfortunately making slow progress with new problems cropping up all the time. My latest issue is with the front brakes. Both the front discs are pretty well worn and the right hand caliper is also in bad shape. I would prefer if I could replace the calipers and disc with parts sourced from another motorcycle (parts more readily available) as I am experiencing endless problems sourcing original cx parts. I would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,034 Posts
Hi. My CX 650e project is unfortunately making slow progress with new problems cropping up all the time. My latest issue is with the front brakes. Both the front discs are pretty well worn and the right hand caliper is also in bad shape. I would prefer if I could replace the calipers and disc with parts sourced from another motorcycle (parts more readily available) as I am experiencing endless problems sourcing original cx parts. I would appreciate any suggestions.
'83 GL1100 ?

front rotors and calipers was very similar to the turbo calipers with the turbine curved toward the center.

Not sure of exact fitment; but would be worth checking into.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can use 1981 - 1982 CB750F & CB900F, Other Boomerang Comstar equipped bikes will work, VF750F & twin piston caliper equipped Goldwings as TonyG stated... Some Goldwing did come with the "vented" rotors, those are to big, 296mm vs 276mm..

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.