Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m undertaking quad bypass and servicing on my CX650 Eurosport engine and want to remove the oil pump to check and replace o rings but the strainer will not come out through the hole in the bottom of the block. Should it come the front of the block as shown on motorfaction or does the pump need separating from the pick up tube?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ahhh…just checked the 650E addendum to the FSM and the strainer is attached and removed from the sump once removed. Different model on Motofaction.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,959 Posts
Which page on Motofaction?

BTW: The CX650E and GL650 engines are the same in that area (The GL650? engine I replaced my CX650E engine with had a smaller oil drain plug but with the same size head).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which page on Motofaction?

BTW: The CX650E and GL650 engines are the same in that area (The GL650? engine I replaced my CX650E engine with had a smaller oil drain plug but with the same size head).

The page above, but now I can see it is a 500 without the sump. I was following the motofaction page and the CX400-500 FSM

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,959 Posts
OK, that makes sense.

I find that the GL500/650 FSM (which I have a paper copy of) has most of the information I've ever needed for the CX650E engine but the CX650E addendum is well worth having for some of the drivetrain, chassis & body related things that are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.