Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just pulled my intake runners, rejet my carbs and put it all back together in less than 5 minutes. which gets me thinking. how long does it you guys to do this?

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Rejetting or just putting in new jets.

I can do it with the carbs still on the bike. Just remove the 6 screws, change the jets and put the bowls back on. If i'm not sure of the configuration I won't put the two most inside screws in.

So 5 or so minutes depending on how much the inside screws fight me.

I also remove my bowls once a year just to make sure they're clean and that I can get them off.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would love to be able to do it with the carbs still on the bike. the transmission is in the way where i can't get to the screws toward the center. i just pulled off the 4 bolts for the runners turned the carb on its side with the cables still hooked up and did the right side then flipped it the other way to do the left. then just put the intakes back on. i was going to tune it but it was dark out and my neighbors hate me enough with all the noise i didn't want to run it in the garage and really piss them off. one of them is a cop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.