Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. I've RTFM and the owners manual. Easy - just a few steps and it pulls out the back and left. OK, all is loose but the stock Kenda Challenger 130/90-16 is an inch too wide to squeeze between the swingarm on the left and the drive on the right. I must be missing something basic.

Dave gopher, hat in hand.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I put a new tire on mine a month or so ago and had the same basic problem. I just gave it some persuasion and it came out but If you are uncomfortable with that, I also considered letting the air out of the tire to give it more room to slide out. That's not in my manual so I don't know if that is the expected procedure...

Fib

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went back out and pulled the valve out. Another 8 seconds and the wheel was off.

That was 12 minutes from question posted through replies to problem solved. Impressive! Thanks for the quick replies guys. I owe you.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well it appears that 2 others replied with the same idea I had just as I was posting mine. Great minds and the same track and all of that...

This was the second tire that I had put on my bike, and this is the first time I removed and replaced it myself. The shop I had do it the first time put a 120 on it I guess because he couldn't get it to fit through. If others here say to let air out, it is probably an engineering thing.

Soapy water probably couldn't hurt, but you might be careful with that around the drive unit.

Fib

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
So fast, I couldn't even write it and post it in time. Congrats. The guys here are the best in the world, with the possible exception of myself, a novice.

Fib

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But you are an Advanced Member Mr. O'Nacci. Many of us are novices who have just made a few posts. There are only a few well rounded experts here, they are the real deal and I try not to piss them off.

New rubber!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.