Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX500C
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, straight forward question - Has anyone seen a rear seat hoop that may work better with the style tubing on the stock rear frame in the shock mount area? I'd think a more square tubing look would be more natural (and easier to make flow into the stock frame) versus the standard round tubing hoops. I have no plans to re-engineer the subframe entirely, just want to tie the rear back together cleanly after the chop

·
Registered
cx500
10 Posts
Hey all, straight forward question - Has anyone seen a rear seat hoop that may work better with the style tubing on the stock rear frame in the shock mount area? I'd think a more square tubing look would be more natural (and easier to make flow into the stock frame) versus the standard round tubing hoops. I have no plans to re-engineer the subframe entirely, just want to tie the rear back together cleanly after the chop
I haven't seen anyone offering a square tubing. This is how I incorporated the round hoop to the frame. This was before it was welded in place. After it was done, I felt that I should have tapered the bottom side of the frame into the tubing more, but I was still happy with the results.
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design

·
Registered
1982 CX500C
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I think you did an amazing job with blending it in. Tapering more probably depends on the rest of the bike but i think you kinda nailed it. This gave me confidence to just roll with the round tubing.

I haven't seen anyone offering a square tubing. This is how I incorporated the round hoop to the frame. This was before it was welded in place. After it was done, I felt that I should have tapered the bottom side of the frame into the tubing more, but I was still happy with the results. View attachment 213582

1 - 4 of 4 Posts