Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some Ideas for a rear fender. I want something that closely resembles stock without using that stock cross member mount in the back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Search Ebay for 7" or 7 1/4" rear fender. There are many aftermarket fenders that will fit our bikes. Or if you want to go cheap, get a 7" trailer fender.

I put on a Sportster bobtail fender on my bike. If I get a chance, I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I used the front fender that was on my cx. I just cut the mounts off and welded some pipe clamps onto the springer seat bar, and then bolted the fender to the pipe clamps. but you could just make some struts and attach it that way.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmm... air filtration, mufflers, side cover, and I don't see a main fuse holder either

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get a trailer fender from Cabellas or other various out door or farm supply stores for around 30 bucks, Weld a new cross member flush with the frame right above the rear shock mounts. Cut off the old ugly cross member. Then modify the fender to the shape you want. Just use the same holes for mounting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts