Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few days I've noticed that depending on the amount of force/pressure I give the rear brake, I get a bit of a "squeal" out of it, but it's more a low pitched whine as is common with bicycle brakes. I also feel a vibration in the foot-brake lever when this happens.

Though I am into bikes I am not super mechanically inclined but I hope to become moreso, so my interpretations of these sorts of things is limited.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
What bandit said, and while you're there, chamfer the brake shoes and the noise should go away.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
What bandit said, and while you're there, chamfer the brake shoes and the noise should go away.
Cobram,thats reallly odd.i always say that,i just bought new shoes from david silvers for the 82....guess what,they are pre chamfered.both the leading edge and the trailing.it was quite a shock to see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think I might have to do the same.

I don't get a squeal, I get a vibrating noise (fizzy sort of noise) and vibrations though my boot.

Curt

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that's a better description, Curt. I'll have to work on this next week I think.

Thank's ya'll!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't forget to do a search on "Swedish Method". My rear brakes have not vibrated since including this process in my tire change/brake service......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.