Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

So unfortunately I bought this bike with the best intentions of giving this motorcycle the life it deserved. But it turns out that sadly won't be with me. I could never get the bike running long enough for me to actually be able to practice with it. I feel awful doing this, but it's just going to sit and rust in my driveway if I don't.

I thought that maybe someone here might be able to do what I couldn't. I want to at least try and see if I could rehome her before I even think about junking her.

It's registration is paid until February 2022 and I'm in Santa Cruz, CA

Thanks,
Corie

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Hi Guys,

So unfortunately I bought this bike with the best intentions of giving this motorcycle the life it deserved. But it turns out that sadly won't be with me. I could never get the bike running long enough for me to actually be able to practice with it. I feel awful doing this, but it's just going to sit and rust in my driveway if I don't.

I thought that maybe someone here might be able to do what I couldn't. I want to at least try and see if I could rehome her before I even think about junking her.

It's registration is paid until February 2022 and I'm in Santa Cruz, CA

Thanks,
Corie
Its a generous offer. Sad to hear this bike project didnt eventuate.
Are you planning to still stay with bikes?

Dunno if anyone is close by with loads of garage space (lol) and is willing to use this for a parts depository members.....?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Just in case she doesn't know how to access the "conversations" here is what I sent to you Corie.

Hi Corie,
I read your post about giving the bike a good home. I feel for you after reading all your posts and problems with the bike. You are about 2 1/2 hours away from me. If your willing to bring it to me, I'll figure out what's going on with it and fix it for you so you can ride it. If it turns out to be more than your willing to deal with, I'll take the bike and get it fixed up. I have tons of parts and know these bikes inside and out. I know I can help you get it back on the road.

BTW, I don't NEED another bike. I'm hoping to work with you so you can enjoy the ride with your buddies.

If you would like to call and discuss this, here's my # deleted here, but in the message.
Larry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a generous offer. Sad to hear this bike project didnt eventuate.
Are you planning to still stay with bikes?
Oh fuck yeah, this itch isn't ever going away which is why this whole thing has been so exhausting and frustrating.

She'd be mad not to take you up on this Larry.
This would literally be the answer to my prayers IF I had a way to transport it 2 hours, but sadly I don't. It won't run and I don't have any way to get it there.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, but I'm pretty much throwing in the towel as sad as that sounds. I just don't want to just junk her. (n)

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
Hang on Corie. Read the message I just sent you. I just finished this restoration a few months ago for a guy that lives in your area. I may be able to get him to bring it to me when he comes up next time. Which should be soon.

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
That's a good idea, but I've already arranged for my friend to pick it up from her and bring it up here. Just waiting to hear from Corie.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Oh fuck yeah, this itch isn't ever going away which is why this whole thing has been so exhausting and frustrating.

This would literally be the answer to my prayers IF I had a way to transport it 2 hours, but sadly I don't. It won't run and I don't have any way to get it there.

Thanks for the encouragement guys, but I'm pretty much throwing in the towel as sad as that sounds. I just don't want to just junk her. (n)
To the OP Do note my post #4 is REDUNDANT with the current offers of help......hope it gets sorted.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Hang on Corie. Read the message I just sent you. I just finished this restoration a few months ago for a guy that lives in your area. I may be able to get him to bring it to me when he comes up next time. Which should be soon.

View attachment 208698

You will be in good hands w/ LRCXed

1 - 20 of 143 Posts