Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only posting this because I recently learned of the site myself and it may help anyone that is looking to make customized parts. I don't work for this company in any capacity.

this site: Shapeways - 3D Printing Service and Marketplace is one where you can do everything, model 3D parts, quote quantities for different materials and get your stiff printed!!!

We use them at my company for One off parts that can be printed in metal!!!!

I have personally used their steel 3D printing services and I can say that their customer service is awesome and the parts the produce are great as well! I thought I would share for all of the other folks here that may want 3D printed parts but may not have access to a 3D printer, especially a metal one!!!!!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Be careful. Most of these 3D printed parts have the strength of tissue paper.

Yes, the materials are improving. But still not much strength.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true Knute,

I wouldn't trust these parts for anything structural, but for some of the more aesthetic pieces or pieces that do not hold a significant important load that someone may want to make this is a pretty good resource I think. They also do plastic printing too but the metal printing is pretty awesome and the tolerances they are able to hold are good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts