Mrs. phreak isn't doing too well at the moment as the quacks have been messing with her various medications and she's in constant pain from her various myalgias. Hopefully this will sort itself out when the medication changes take effect so currently I'm mostly doing what I can do inside.
To that end I'm still cleaning up wheels.
Have just finished one of the 16" rears I was working on with another nearly finished. One of these needed the spokes repainted and both required the rims to be painted.
Am about to clean up another two front reverse comstars. One will need a complete repaint as it is currently painted white.
I managed to get out to the shed for a couple of hours yesterday morning and did the first camchain adjustment, head retorque and valve clearance adjustment on the white 500C. I cleaned up the valve cover hardware yesterday and will fit some shiny valve covers some time today instead of the manky pair I fit for handling engines.
I've rebuilt the front brake system but used all of the parts that I started with. Comparing the caliper seals to new ones I elected to put the already fitted ones back. Rubber lines were carefully inspected. No cracks, still flexible and clear when blown through from either end. Don't brake fluid taste great? System bled up well with a good lever.
I've bought some Por 15 to paint around the filler neck to prevent fuel seeping under the paint and will stipple a few coats over the area when I get to it.
At this point the bike should only need tyres, a fuel line and clamps and a battery. Also a clutch cable. The one fitted was new but is basically seized. I think the synthetic liner has swollen from being lubed with something it has reacted to. I have a few here but doubt I have one for a C. I'll have to hunt through the cables.
Sorry to hear about Mrs. Phreak. It's not easy splitting roles between being a carer and finding time for yourself. Well done on anything you've managed to get done. I tend to bring the bits I can inside. Same reason.