Registered
1,156 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
My nephew who lives in Perth contacted me today. He was in Adelaide briefly this week and dropped by while I wasn't home. I was out doing the shopping.

He sent me this pic of a bike he spotted at our local shopping centre.

He thought it would interest me.

Looks strangely familiar. :)

Still working on wheels. Reverse comstars at the moment. Should be able to get three sets, two with 16" rear wheels, one with an 18" rear wheel.

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 · (Edited)
Not much progress here lately .... but a little.

Mrs. phreak isn't doing too well at the moment as the quacks have been messing with her various medications and she's in constant pain from her various myalgias. Hopefully this will sort itself out when the medication changes take effect so currently I'm mostly doing what I can do inside.

To that end I'm still cleaning up wheels.

Have just finished one of the 16" rears I was working on with another nearly finished. One of these needed the spokes repainted and both required the rims to be painted.

Am about to clean up another two front reverse comstars. One will need a complete repaint as it is currently painted white.

I managed to get out to the shed for a couple of hours yesterday morning and did the first camchain adjustment, head retorque and valve clearance adjustment on the white 500C. I cleaned up the valve cover hardware yesterday and will fit some shiny valve covers some time today instead of the manky pair I fit for handling engines.

I've rebuilt the front brake system but used all of the parts that I started with. Comparing the caliper seals to new ones I elected to put the already fitted ones back. Rubber lines were carefully inspected. No cracks, still flexible and clear when blown through from either end. Don't brake fluid taste great? System bled up well with a good lever.

I've bought some Por 15 to paint around the filler neck to prevent fuel seeping under the paint and will stipple a few coats over the area when I get to it.

At this point the bike should only need tyres, a fuel line and clamps and a battery. Also a clutch cable. The one fitted was new but is basically seized. I think the synthetic liner has swollen from being lubed with something it has reacted to. I have a few here but doubt I have one for a C. I'll have to hunt through the cables.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to hear about Mrs. Phreak. It's not easy splitting roles between being a carer and finding time for yourself. Well done on anything you've managed to get done. I tend to bring the bits I can inside. Same reason.

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hey Phreak, sorry to learn of Mrs Phreak's health issues. Did you sell one or was the photo of your when you were out?
Hang in there...hope the Mrs improves and docs get her sorted out soon...
David

581 - 586 of 586 Posts