Honda CX 500 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 426 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
My wife said she was at the store (costco & walmart) and there were no TP or paper towels... I'm assuming its dumb @ss people starting to hoard again?

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
How's your covid status and precautions in Dayton Doug?

We've been covid free in SA for a while but now have a small cluster of cases turn up so we've gone into lockdown .... starting 3/4 of an hour ago. This set off our bogroll hoarding again.

There was about 15 boxes of tissues left too.

Both sidecovers flatted. About to start the panel template.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Mark,

Our positive cases are going up daily and the Governor has made a new task force to visit places of employment to make sure they are abiding by the rules, if they violate they will be shut down for a minimum of 24 hours. There is now a 10 o'clock curfew in place for any "non-essential" businesses. The Governor has asked for no thanksgiving gatherings other then who lives in your household. Its getting crazy again.

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Going hard seems the best solution. Partial measures seem to have little effect.

I think Victoria has proved this. Population density has much to do with spread of course.

Stay safe and well .... all of you.

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Sidecovers and tank rubbed down. Will make the template for the tank panels tonight.

Will be a week or so before I paint the panels though due to the lock down. Car parts places are closed until further notice so I won't be able to get the paint for the panel colour .... which will be some sort of metallic or pearl blue.

Oh well .... I've got carbs to rebuild and some assembly work on the 500C to do. Also a hall unit to change in my standard.

Sitting here typing this I hear the silence. We noticed this last lockdown. Hardly anybody or anything moving.

I have a number of errands to run today picking up Mrs. Phreaks prescriptions from the quack, normal shopping, chemists etc. Will take the thingy and enjoy the quiet roads. Then try to avoid going out again for as many days as possible.

·
Registered
690 Posts
How's your covid status and precautions in Dayton Doug?

We've been covid free in SA for a while but now have a small cluster of cases turn up so we've gone into lockdown .... starting 3/4 of an hour ago. This set off our bogroll hoarding again.

There was about 15 boxes of tissues left too.

Both sidecovers flatted. About to start the panel template.
The SA lockdown might get eased now that the Pizza story has come to light....all the best.....

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
It seems a security guard working in one of the covid isolation hotels was also working in a pizza store and caused a second outbreak that made the outbreak look like it had a second unexplained cluster causing the lock down.

That's as I understand the situation.

If wrong I'll update.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It seems a security guard working in one of the covid isolation hotels was also working in a pizza store and caused a second outbreak that made the outbreak look like it had a second unexplained cluster causing the lock down.

That's as I understand the situation.

If wrong I'll update.

Security guy infected co-worker at the pizza joint who was working under the table or against his visa or something and lied. He said he got sick by picking up a pizza (off the box therefore) and made the Health Department think we had a new strain that could get you in a few minutes off cardboard, when in fact he had been working in the back next the already sick security guard.

Reactions: bahn88 and CXPHREAK

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #416 (Edited)
Have painted the blue panels on the tank and sidecover. they are sian blue metallic. The pinstripes on the sidecovers are done and will mask and paint those on the tank today.

Stripes were to be gold as per original but after masking the sidecovers found that the can of gold was actually a can of silver so this was used. If I'd left the masking too long it would have shrunk and distorted the tighter corners so rather than risk that or rip the masking off and start again the silver was used - which actually looks pretty good

Once this step is done I'll need to work on some graphics.

Will load photos when I update.

EDIT Tank striped.

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #417 (Edited)
Still need to sort some graphics and then clearcoat. Also paint the lower panel on the sidecover black and divide that off with another pinstripe.

Looking at the tank the panel seems a little large and I'll make revisions to the template before I use it on my 500C. The template was made from google photos and I think the curved nature of the tank gave me the impression that the panel is larger than it is. Painted onto this tank I can see it is a little big. As I'm really only after stock-ish here I'm happy with this.

I think I've nailed the sidecover templates though.

I've sanded the paint away from the filler neck and will paint this area with por 15 tank liner which I will go on a pilgrimage to Hendon for in a couple of weeks.

Have sourced rings for the right .25 mm over piston I have and picked up a .50 over right piston. Eventually I'll collect a set.

Next will be a couple of coats of clear with blue pearl followed by a couple of coats without pearl.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Wife's dune buggy is about that color blue ,I of course like it!

Reactions: CXPHREAK

·
Super Moderator
21,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
The silver does look good but gold would have showed better against the white.

The blue was chosen because it was the only metallic blue that my local car parts shop had in the large duplicolour can. The 150 gram cans go nowhere. I bought two cans and have used one here. The other will be used for the panels on my own 500C which is already a darker blue than this paint.

I tend to use duplicolour for small jobs like panelling and striping though sometimes I use one of the airbrushes depending on what paint I want to use. I've also done whole paint jobs in acrylic lacquer rattle cans then clearcoat with the gun.

401 - 420 of 426 Posts