Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Well was supposed to work on the bike today, however the rain has put a damper ( hahaha ) on things.

Was going to drop the carbs and check floats as the bike has a stumbling effect since storage this winter. Rirst day i rode it was fine second time stumble upon faster throttle. Cleaned the top half yesterday without taking carbs off no help thinking sticky floats are a concerned may of gotton gummy. I know I know waiting on some extra funds to get the carbs either sent out to larry and redone or get the ultra sonic cleaner to do them myself either way it ran good last season after floats were unstuck hehehe enjoy whatever you do to yours today

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Try about 4 - 8 oz of Berrryman B-12 Chemtool in the tank first perhaps with about 5% diesel fuel.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did you drain the air box? Condensation from sitting can build up there in a short time and cause a surprising amount of stumbling . The gas tank can have significant air moisture condense as well if it is was not left topped off for storage.

I know Seafoam would work if it's floats sticking, or if you have a little water in the gas. One cap full per gallon or it'll make smoky exhaust. Not at the same time as the berrymans which should unstick the float pins if they gunked a bit. I doubt the carbs would get that kind of buildup so quickly - especially since Larry cleaned them. My bet is a moisture problem, if not in the fuel system possibly in the electrics. In either case should clear up with a bit of riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.