Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Just finished rebuilding my bike and now the charging system is a bust! So decided i had enough and want to got for a new g8 stator and rae san kit. Anyone knows of a combo out there?
TA

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been shopping and found what I think is the correct G8 Stator from Calric.

Per Partzilla it replaces the stock Honda 31120-MA1-005 Stator that fits the 82' CX500C

Still trying to figure out if this stator noted as the ST340 is a replacement for the ST139 as shown on motofaction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the swift reply guys.
Was wondering if there is a combo of stator and rae san so i can deal with one person .need it shipped to nz

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might want to email Rae-san directly then. I dont see stators on their website but they might be able to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
14,560 Posts
There are many sources of suitable new or rewound stators and a few variations including the basic "G8" type 250W type as used in CX/GL500/650 engines with TI, the 300W version as used in the GL1000/1100 (& both new and used for both of those) and the 350W GoldWing version sold by Randakk's Cycle Shakk and depending on what extral electrical loads you are running any of them could be appropriate. (Note that the GoldWing versions have different length wires and different grommets so they are not plug & play)

On the other hand, Ray (Rae-San) is a cottage industry (basically a 1 man show) so I doubt if he is going to want the extra headaches of carrying products he doesn't produce any time soon.

You are only talking about ordering 2 items. Its not as if you had to deal with half a dozen suppliers.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info bob,and for your time. I will do the two seperet orders. Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts