Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, looking for some info from anyone willing to part with it. Here's what I'm looking at:

I have acquired a set of bags, trunk, fairing, all mounting hardware/wiring harness and fork weight from a GW ('82 I believe). I looked over the bags mounting hardware, the 2 top mounting points match up perfectly to my CX500, the lower foot peg mount looks to be about 1" too far forward, but nothing that can't be fixed/modified to fit. Also, the silencers tilt up slightly and would have to be remounted/modified to go straight back as they will stop the bag racks from dropping into place for the top mounting points by about 1".

The trunk rack uses the same top mounting points as the bags, so just have to check to be sure once mounted it would clear the tail light properly but I'm sure it will being the rear fender/light/shock mount/grab bar setup on the GW looked to be exactly the same as my CX500.

The fairing I don't plan on messing with at this time, as that will take some time to check all mounting points and clearances, as well as needing a little repair work done if it checks out ok.

So my question, has anyone tried or done this before?
I read somewhere in one of the strings someone said the GW bags had a negative effect on the CX500's handling, but no more info was given.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust angles could be modified by replacing the H-Box with Murray's pipes. Might be an option.
Murray's pipes will definitely be what I'll be getting when my pipes go! I haven't had a chance to start getting into the bike yet, so not sure what it needs besides a carb cleaning at this time. Not sure what kind of $$$ I'm looking at to get her road ready yet. He told me it was running before the he stored it last winter, but he didn't seem very knowledgeable about doing any mechanical work beyond changing oil so will see shortly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts