Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Larry C,
Trying to remember the weird problem you had with Jesses carbs and symtoms ,if I remember it was someting about the cover plate for AC valves being drilled? Reason I ask been trying to solve a lack of power for a fellow member. Gone through all the basic stuff like cleaning carbs , replace all ignition parts , compressions good only thing left wondering cam chain timing , jumped a tooth or miss assembled. Thanks Gerard

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Larry ,found my answer after twenty minutes of searching through old posts of yours mind you. Which hole in the AVC cover was to big causing the idle screws not to work? Thanks Gerard

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Hi Gerard,
The small hole in the ACV covers that are sealed by the small O ring is what I think was the problem. But it didn't effect overall power. What I had an issue with was not being able to adjust the idle mixture. Turning in the mixture screws didn't effect the idle mixture at all. Once I changed the covers, everything was back to normal.

Sorry I'm not more help.
Larry

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Larry, thats very helpfull one less thing on the list of problems. Have a project for my wife to do then will get the Cx back here to figure it out. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts