Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Yup as per post 2.
Travellers will often mask off areas when travelling between countries that drive on the correct side(left)馃槃....and those others...on the Euro continent it can change in several hundred miles.....

Registered
Back to lights, and lenses....anyone know if the old Honda sealed beams that had a symmetrical pattern on the lens were region specific..(left vs right drive) or "universal".??
My CX had a H4, but the CB has what I think is the original sealed beam.....on the road a bit dim but lights up the correct side for riding...(maybe aligned not to be blinding rather than designed that way....

Registered
I believe the headlights I replaced on my bikes (about 2008-9) were both the original type. The fairing that was on Eccles at the time was the original one from my '83 GL1100 (it was on every winter machine from '95 until it started cracking and I replaced it in 2014) and I'm 99% sure the headlight I removed from it was original to it. I'm not sure where the headlight that I replaced on the GoldWing came from but it was identical down to the Stanley brand name cast into the glass. Both are up in the attic somewhere and both have a lens pattern similar to the one Luke posted at the beginning of this thread.
Different Stanleys for different markets perhaps....even for the Cb. Uk had a H4....Oz and USA had sealed...tho Oz had a pilot tho with different retention system...not the usual 3 rings....
Heres my CB...a Stanley M/cycle..no pilot light.....
In the process of swap to H4...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts