Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm noticing something strange. when I feel with my hands at my both exhausts, I can feel a very strong difference in pressure between the left and right side. at tthe left side I can really feel a strong pulse, but at the left side this is much, much lower/less strong.
I did a compression test and both cilinders show exactly the same values (125PSI). How is this possible?
I also think the bike lost some power compared to earlier...
any ideas?
thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, and I set my valves already (0,08mm in and 0,10mm out) on both cilinders

·
Registered
1982 CX500C
65 Posts
at tthe left side I can really feel a strong pulse, but at the left side this is much, much lower/less strong
I’m guessing you meant strong on the left, weaker on the right - is that correct?

One possibility is a restriction on the right side exhaust, but it would be a “fine line” if it’s not affecting compression.

Has any work been done to it recently? Is there a difference in the temperature of the exhaust? I’d found the right side exhaust on my bike was cooler than the left but there was no discernible miss - I eventually discovered the throttle plate on the right carb was installed backwards by the previous owner. I can’t recall if the pressure was the same or not.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
I checked my right exhaust and I noticed that the damper wool was really compressed at the end of the exhaust, so it was obstructing the exhaust opening too much I suppose. I removed it and now I can feel much more pressure at the right side. I hope this solves the problem
thanks
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts