Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, just wandering if there is some CX guys near Montreal? If yes, is there some ride to come in 2012??

Regards

Alain

·
Registered
168 Posts
Over the years I have seen several CX/Gl's in the Montreal region, but you probably have more chance of seeing a sibling if you travel my way. There are still 4 of them running around here which is why Phil nicknamed me the Mayor as I was bragging I lived in the CX capital of the world. I am moving out this summer though and will be sending the Silverwing/sidecar combo back to the Magdalen Islands. I sold two other silverwings there in the last two years and saw a couple of extra running so I guess the capital will be relocated/renamed!

I will probably be shipping it by boat through the port of Montreal in June and we can meet then if you wish. There is also the Canadian rally in Ottawa that Nipongreen organizes every year now. I went there once and we did cross over into QC for a ride. He rode through here last year on his way back from Cape Breton he was like an old horse in a hurry to get back to the barn and we barely had time to share a beer. If you promise him a warm one (british bad habit!) he may find an excuse to make it to Montreal and meet up with you.

Bienvenu!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Mr Mayor,

"If you promise him a warm one (british bad habit!) he may find an excuse to make it to Montreal and meet up with you"

You must know me too well EH.........

Hope you are ALL keeping well.

All The Best........Keith.........

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the years I have seen several CX/Gl's in the Montreal region, but you probably have more chance of seeing a sibling if you travel my way. There are still 4 of them running around here which is why Phil nicknamed me the Mayor as I was bragging I lived in the CX capital of the world. I am moving out this summer though and will be sending the Silverwing/sidecar combo back to the Magdalen Islands. I sold two other silverwings there in the last two years and saw a couple of extra running so I guess the capital will be relocated/renamed!

I will probably be shipping it by boat through the port of Montreal in June and we can meet then if you wish. There is also the Canadian rally in Ottawa that Nipongreen organizes every year now. I went there once and we did cross over into QC for a ride. He rode through here last year on his way back from Cape Breton he was like an old horse in a hurry to get back to the barn and we barely had time to share a beer. If you promise him a warm one (british bad habit!) he may find an excuse to make it to Montreal and meet up with you.

Bienvenu!

I look forward to the rally this year!

lol for the warm one...he's not alone. Except a good frosty Guiness, there is nothing better than a Labatt 50 "tablette" warm. Everyone i know laughs at me because i'm 27 and i'm drinking what my grand-oncles use to drink lol

Regards

Alain

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Alain,

Maybe we should meet 1/2 way between Ottawa and Montreal for lunch when the riding season begins

You have any suggestions ?

All The Best...........Keith.......

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alain,

Maybe we should meet 1/2 way between Ottawa and Montreal for lunch when the riding season begins

You have any suggestions ?

All The Best...........Keith.......
Yes it would be great, is the 17 a nice road? If yes, there is Hawkesbury right in the middle.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Alain,

Hwy 17 is a good road (Once you get out of Montreal...
)

Hawkesbury would be a perfect location.

It's the "Hometown" of one of the group members in my Facebook "Ottawa Misfits Motorcycle Group"......Feel free to join if you use FaceBook

All The Best........keith.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.