Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at replacing the brake pads and dealers don't carry them (of course) but also bike bandit does not either (they do for the GL500 but not the interstate). Only source for now has been on ebay but don't know if I trust that. Any source out there for the GL500i? Thanks

Ike

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered pads, seals, pistons, etc. for the calipers on my GL500I from Georgefix and the service was outstanding. Just a satisfied customer - no association.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be wrong here, but aren't the pads the same for the GL500 and the GL500I? Just 2 sets for the Interstate.

I would have thought the same but looking at their website, it states Brake pads for GL500 except interstate. ???? Same thing happens with my Range Rover. Does not share same brake pads with 3.6 ltr engine as my 4.2 ltr. Don't know why?

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
They are the same pads.

As for your dealer not having them that's a shame since they should.

Try these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item27b706a67a

Yup, same pads on both sides. I just replaced the ones on my wife's 'new' GL Interstate. I found a set of three on e-bay. I put the other set on my GL Standard and they seem to be good pads so far. Bike Bandits 'except interstate' may be because it is only one set of pads not two.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

Another vote here for Niche Cycle and their free shipping, I got both my front and rear pads from them. The rears are slotted diagonally which would not only help if any water gets in there but may also eliminate the inevitable squeak these thing have. The front pads also had a single slot down the middle and in using different LS1 Camaro pads I can attest to the fact that the simple single slot greatly improves braking - especially with water present.

The pads they sent me were all made by EMGO, a well known brand in the aftermarket world. They were of full thickness, unlike some of the other aftermarket pads I've heard people complain about.

Shipping was fast too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.