Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pulling the rear cover to inspect my cam chain. Im struggling to break the rear cover gasket. Any recommendations? A rubber mallet and a screwdriver hasnt worked thus far.

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
Which bike. Put it in your signature line. If it's a cx you need to take the waterpump impellar off. If it's a Gl the ignition at the back of the engine has to be taken off.

If it's just the gasket a rubber mallet will be your friend. I was told that the stator can become magnetized and want to pull the cover back on.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
As per above as far as the GL rear Advance and retard cover/unit off but you need to take the Water pump impeller off for both.You should also mark the position of the Advance and retard unit on a GL engine(TAI ignition) so you don't get it 180 Deg out on re-fit.

HTH

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah, the water pump and ignition advance unit both need to come off first. I had a way WAY more difficult time getting the water pump housing off than the rear cover.

WAY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.