Honda CX 500 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Naaaa, it's just LT laying it on the line. Let him be. Once he gets that big tour thing going on he'll prolly mellow out a bit. I only scold him when he starts name calling. He's pretty well behaved now.
No, I won't mellow out- and I sure don't want to name call anyone. Its just I've spent my whole life starting out as a child- around 8 years old, some44 years ago- watching my Dad gasp for breath since his lungs were fried. I was accepted at 3 different law schools but the cost- at $35,000 for a home study course Jurist doctorate was a lot more than I was willing to spend- so I went to Paralegal school. I've had 8 people threaten me with lawsuits, I beat 6 of them and had 2 that were draws.

I remember every 90 days my Dad having to go to the University of Washington where they would take samples, and biopsies, and I saw the cancer that ate him piece by piece and I was so unbelievably angry that I could build airplanes, and make anything on this planet I felt guilty that I hadn't gone to medical school to save him.

I wanted- desperately wanted- to see the families of those Supervisors at Keyport and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard who ordered the painters- some 400 of them- into such deadly confined spaces and watching them all die of cancers,,,,,you're damn'd right I'm pissed.

My Dads death, working through Senator Warren Hatch (Utah) did manage to get all the survivors and the families put under the Superfund Act at least.

Do not be afraid of the sword: be afraid of the man who wields it!!

It is my faith in God is why I have NOT searched out retribution. It is my faith in God is why I have NOT wanted revenge.

Everyone dies. Everyone stands before God. Everyone- including those Supervisors and companies who made those awful chemicals that would dissolve 4 layers of paint, 4 layers of primer, and 4 layers of hot plastic so they'd simply use a fire hose to strip down a destroyer and repainted in a week.

It was my Dads death that was one of the main reasons that OSHA was created so that others could live.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Gentlemen, this thread is going under review, and will be locked for that period. Some of the content has gone out of the realm of civility for this forum.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.