Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am doing a CX650E project and have been looking at removing the prolink system all together and modifying the swing arm to accept a new monoshock. A local guy I spoke to told me he has done a couple of these for some customers but no real feedback on how well it has worked. Removing the prolink sheds about 30lbs I have been told but I am not interested in doing this if it compromises the handling. Does anyone have any experience with this type of modification either good or bad they could share?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
This is likely a place to leave well enough alone.

Honda spent a couple hundred hours developing this system for handling, comfort and manufacturability. You could easily destory 2 of these important characteristics in just an hour........especially if you have zero experiance or knowledge with suspension systems.

Sure you could remove the estimated 30 lbs, but how much do you have to add back....40 lbs.....35 lbs......

A better place for more effective weight reduction is typically the driver.

·
Registered
426 Posts
A better place to ask this question perhaps , to yourself , what are you going to use the bike for? And also is it for looks or function . There a lot of really crappy mods that aren't worth the effort , but look cool and that's all they do . So choose carefully . Honda spent a lot of $$ making these bikes durable and semi good looking , doh! Just described the old lady . Iam done I said too much !

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
When the ProLink came out it was a big hit.

There was a good reason for its popularity.

Because it worked better than anything else.

Guess what it is still the standard that everything else

is measured by.

The parts are available to make it like new.

If you want adjustable dependable performance

comfort low maintenance keep it Honda.

If you want Bling Chrome something.:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I was wondering if parts are still available for this system. Are you able to tell me were I can get them, much appreciated.

Cheers

QUOTE=purplecx500;371212]When the ProLink came out it was a big hit.

There was a good reason for its popularity.

Because it worked better than anything else.

Guess what it is still the standard that everything else

is measured by.

The parts are available to make it like new.

If you want adjustable dependable performance

comfort low maintenance keep it Honda.

If you want Bling Chrome something.:)[/QUOTE]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts