Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1982 GL500 I bought recently has a "Priority Lites" safety coupler installed. This device is intended to convert the rear turn signals into running lights, providing more visibility from the rear. The unit on my bike is acting weird (left light does not come on except as turn signal) and the right turn signal stops flashing when the rear brake is applied.

I have been unable to locate this device on the bike. Can anyone provide a hint as to where it may be hidden/located?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a nice feature... when it works. However, apparently these things are prone to failure.

I found the Priority Lites gizmo (under the seat... DOH!). I cleaned all the connections and it worked; then it didn't work; then it worked; then it didn't. Don't you just love intermittent faults. Got tired of messing with it and removed the unit, reverting the rear signal lights to stock configuration. Perhaps I will try to find a replacement unit in the spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.