Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,
As the title goes, PowersportParts.net is a ripoff place of the first order. In June as outlined in the thread 'stators toast again' I removed a defective stator from my GL and after leaving multiple voice mails, they never answer the phone, I told them if they don't take the elecrosport stator back which comes with a one year warranty I would dispute the charge on my credit card.

Three days later I got an email with a link to UPS that made a return label and the question of "do you want a replacement or a refund?". I printed the label and replied to the email that I wanted a refund. I sent a paper copy of the email with the stator to them.

After 30 days without a response, I disputed the charge on my CC. Ten days ago I got a letter from the CC company stating the PowersportParts never received the part and they wanted proof I sent it. Like a dummy, I didn't make a copy of the shipping label with the tracking number on it and since it was paid by them I could not go to UPS to get help with this. I seems to me that in my 20+ years of doing business with my CC company and only had to dispute 3-4 things over the years that they decided to side with them.

In the mean time I had my original stator rewound at classic rewind in Alabama and it has been working fine ever since.

Let this be a warning to you all doing or thinking of doing business with this ripoff company.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
see if u can retrieve the email

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe,

Yes I can. It is in my tablet.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nolimitz,
Yes, says there is an error because the package was delivered.

·
Registered
426 Posts
sad but true ,a good reputable company to get parts these days is hard to find . note to self

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would reprint email and errorr message a n d forward to both cc and vendor.
I would just send this to your CC company, and let them do the parts mob for fraud, because that is what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts