Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a non running cx500 guy told me it needed battery and spark plug and so I bought a battery and installed it and the bike had no power to it (I checked the battery and its good) anyone know what else it could be?

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
Did you check the main fuse?

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
In my signature there is a link to the wiki. Visit the wiki and search around. One of the things that you will find is a copy of the factory service manual for your bike.

Reactions: Patrociniop135

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
No it is near the battery and starter solenoid
depending on bike yr and model #3 here
Also see

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,004 Posts
I bought a non running cx500 guy told me it needed battery and spark plug and so I bought a battery and installed it and the bike had no power to it (I checked the battery and its good) anyone know what else it could be?
He also told you it's an '89 (per your other thread), so he's not a reliable source. In the US, this model series ended with 1983.
Look for the VIN label on the left side of the steering head. It will tell you what year and model you're working with. Then you can reference the appropriate section in the FSM mentioned by ReclinedRelic.
Where are you located? There might be a member nearby who can give you a hand in getting it to run.

Randall

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought it and the seller wrote the wrong bos and on the listing it’s a 79 but bos is 89 I’ll find a way to change it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
did you check fuse? see post #5
I can’t find my main fuse location I need the middle of my bars there are 2 fuses burn it says they are for lights sic idk where the main fuse is? I really think the whole problem isn’t a blown fuse but I can’t find the main fuse

1 - 11 of 11 Posts