Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike runs fine for the first 10k then from 4000 to 5500 rpm if you try to accelertate it bogs down.

If you accelerate very slowly it is ok.

It also cruises fine in this rpm range but need to gear down to get the rpm over 5500 to pass or climb a hill

I have swaped out the cdi unit ( didn't make a difference )

I put new plug ends on when I put the new plug ends on it worked fine untill I had put 150k on then the trouble started again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your ideas I did swap out the coils as I had a couple extra made a big difference but still not perfect after 250k started failing again so I'm thinking it is a coil issue the Honda dealer near me is usless and one shop has used ones for $50.00 which I am not paying for coils 33 years old ( crook ) Is there anyone that knows of anyone near me Guelph, toronto ontario area that can help. I can get new ones from a shop in British columbia but will take 3 weeks I really wanted to go on this trip in a week and a half but dosen`t look like it is going to happen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.