Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m installing the new hall plate for my Rae San kit and i noticed two holes behind the old plate. The one on the left looks like it could be part of the original design but the one in the middle does not. I have yet to test the stator/pickups on my partsbike so i may be in luck if I do need to swap covers.

Can anyone identify if these two holes should be here? Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say it looks stock... minus one bolt coming from inside the case that might be a bit long.
Huh, that's real bizarre. The hole in the middle looks all janky on mine. Oh well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Huh, that's real bizarre. The hole in the middle looks all janky on mine. Oh well!
I did see that it looks a little off, I was guessing that it was a bit leftover from the casting process. If I recall correctly there isn't much structural behind that spot so I don't think its anything to worry about.

That said, I'm assuming you haven't had the rear cover off but based on the longish bolt coming through from the back side makes me think someone else has. If the engine checks out and you don't need to get to the stator or cam chain I'd probably just go with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did see that it looks a little off, I was guessing that it was a bit leftover from the casting process. If I recall correctly there isn't much structural behind that spot so I don't think its anything to worry about.

That said, I'm assuming you haven't had the rear cover off but based on the longish bolt coming through from the back side makes me think someone else has. If the engine checks out and you don't need to get to the stator or cam chain I'd probably just go with it.
I actually just finished a triple bypass so I have had that cover off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts