Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should really check this corner of the site more often
. I can't believe how many of us there are here in Portland and I keep forgetting that. So, think we can do a little all Portland check in? This'd be a great resource if everybody in town popped their name and whatever other info about themselves they're willing to share. Maybe get this pinned?

So I'll start.

Nick Favicchio

4706 NE 97th Ave Portland 97220

(phone #) five one eight - three three five - nine six five zero

(e-mail) nickfavicchio at yahoo dot com

More likely to be in need of help than very useful to do the helping should you be in need
. I've only access to basic hand tools, no garage, no welder etc. But I'm generally around after five week days and hit or miss weekends.

My ride

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/TheRacketRockFace/?action=view&current=IMG_0503.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
I'm of the mindset that personal info details should be handled in a more controlled manner rather than on an open forum. It is too easy for scavengers to glean. At most, first name, a general location, and ciphered email addy, Other data can be supplied via PM or email.

Having said that, I'm Joel, in the east side of Vancouver around 164th, (Fishers Landing). 82vtwi n AT gmail DOT com. I only have a one car (read two motorcycle) garage, and limited tooling, and can't really physically wrench much myself. But if anyone wanted the space to borrow short term, we might be up to that. If any one needed a lift, I'd be glad to help if possible, in an emergency. Usually have weekends off, and done with work by 6pm.

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dale. Take a moment and edit your profile with your location, and add your bike model and year to your signature line. It helps everyone help you down the road.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm a new CX500TC owner here in Salem. Always available for a ride or to help.

Terry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just saw this...I'm in downtown PDX near NW 6th and Everett.

I'm always up for a ride or to help on projects...I'd love the opportunity to learn more about working on these bikes.

I haven't had to do very much to mine yet...I have done the electric fan conversion though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
John

'81 GL w/ bags aka "Brown Betty"

I'm on 71 and woodstock. I'm always down for rides whether local or all day. Summer's here, the bikes running like a champ and I'm ready to go. You can PM me for contact information, I'm happy to give it out to forum members.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not from Portland but I'm across the river in Vancouver.

I've only been riding a handful of months but having done my carbs recently, I now know them inside and out. I'm always willing to help out if anyone needs a hand.

I ride a red 1979 CX500D with clubmans so maybe you'll see me around sometime. Don't have insurance so I usually stay in Vancouver.

Samson

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Nice lookin' cockpit there Topcat! Welcome aboard, hope to meet ya some day.

Joel in the Couve

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
Welcome aboard, Wetduck! Good job on getting the profile stuff put up!

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
122 Posts
Floaterdave - SE 84th and Woodstock area.

I have a small garage and a little stock pile of CX500 parts.

Weekends work best for me to ride but sometimes it can happen within 2 hours.

Lets all plan a date to meet up and ride before the summer is over.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
296 Posts
OK guys, I am going riding tomorrow.I would love some company !! I will be leaving from Canby at 10:30am.Meet up spot is on old 99e, south part of Canby. There is a Burgerville and next to it is Helicopter (neat photo opt)meet under the Helicopter. Will be going south through Mt. Angel, Silverton, down to Stayton.Headed for the Stayton-Jordan Covered bridge and then the Shimanek Covered bridge to take pictures. Lunch at Fast-Food in Stayton, then back North, crossing on the Wheatland Ferry (more Pix's) and then on to Champoeg Park,end of ride. Ride should take about 3 hours and only one tank of gas (even on a Custom.If you want to ride along-just show up !! If nobody shows up, I will still be there and will still be doing the ride. Hope to meet some of you in the morning! Bill Cummins 503-982-8231

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
I'm in, and Wootersen will chime in when he gets home, but I called him, and it sounds good to him. I look forward to your route!

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.