Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't bother asking me why I didn't put it on the plate when I brought it home last fall.

I know I bought it; the other half is on the back of my ownership (that's how we do the 'proof of current licence' thing here)

I just got everything back together tonight; everything tightened, adjusted, cleaned, lubed, freshly charged battery. I even vacuumed out the tank and shaved the bugs off the headlight with a razor; I was going out for my first ride tonight dammit. And then, while checking all the signals and stuff, I heard my plate sticker screaming, "Pull this cheating bastard over and give him many tickets!". So I didn't.

Dammit.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have no words...but good for you for the demonstration of will power--now don't let that happen again! the sticker thing I mean

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Since you're in Canada I don't know but in most states you go to the DMV or similar people with the bike plate number and possibly what ever paperwork you have on it and for a low price you should get a new one.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After ripping apart all the likely and unlikely spots I checked the fridge, found a beer and cleaned up my mess. Guess where I'm going today at lunch.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Then this weekend you'll find it in a basket or wedged in the conduit or something. We never thow them away we always put em somewhere safe.. Then forget. This year I forgot to pay my registration until yesterday. our tabs changed not too long ago. Now it's just one sticker with the year stamped on it. Before we had two; one with the year the other with the month it was due. Damn confusing now.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm applying for a hobbyist plate. If I get it, I will never have to pay for registration again. I just wouldn't be able to drive it in Jan unless I pay extra.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
After ripping apart all the likely and unlikely spots I checked the fridge, found a beer and cleaned up my mess. Guess where I'm going today at lunch.
Tim Hortons?

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I'm applying for a hobbyist plate. If I get it, I will never have to pay for registration again. I just wouldn't be able to drive it in Jan unless I pay extra.

Did you mean June? Has your bike seen miles yet this year?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Did you mean June? Has your bike seen miles yet this year?

No I ment January. I put about 6 miles on it so far this year. My clutch cable should be coming in the mail today. It is not registered, it expired in April. Not sure if I am going to register it, or wait the month to get the hobbyist plates. But then they might make me have it inspected by a Sheriff before they hand over the plates. They do not give a credit on current registration. So it would almost be a waste, but then again, with peak riding season, a month around here is a long time to go without riding. I will probably register it, as it will drive me crazy, after all this work, to see it sit. Or I will be tempted to ride, and possibly get a fine.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim Hortons?
Well, yes smart guy
, but then I went to line up at the licence office at lunch before the May 24 long weekend. Wasn't too bad, only 1/2 hour wait to find out that their computer indicated that I'd not bought a sticker last year. When I showed her the 2011 sticker on the back of my ownership that 'indicated' that I had, in fact, paid for one she just shrugged and said, 'Computer says you didn't. $42 please.'.

In defiance of the screaming, swearing voices in my head I paid up, walked out and bought a meatball sub to go with my coffee.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
On my cars I'll always take along a paper towel & Windex then splat that sticker on right then add there right after I bought it. Of course I usually keep a roll of towels anadd Windex in the tag agents's parking lot, alternately you can keep some of those pre-packaged waterless cleanup or alcohol pads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.