Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, and thank you for letting me join.
I have recently bought a polaris fairing for my cx500, but I have no installation instructions.
I have fitted these to several cx500s 40 yrs ago! But I cannot remember all of the pieces needed.
I'm looking for some diagrams/pictures of the fairing supports and mounting instructions.
Many thanks
Paparags

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts

·
Registered
CX500 Z 1978 , Rickman Polaris fairing, currently GL500 front, Ignitech etc. subject to change
321 Posts
It seems the pictures of JiMi's build as referred to by reclinedrelic have disappeared, just send him a private message if needed, he still has the bike and the fairing (like me, but I've got no build pictures)

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,904 Posts
Yes you do ;-)

BTW: Welcome to the forum. Please add your location and your bike's model and model year (NOT year first registered as UK paperwork shows) to your profile so that you don't have to remember to tell us every time and we don't have to keep asking when you forget (see Forum Settings link in my signature).

And welcome to the world of antique vehicle ownership (they own us, not the other way around). Your bike is about 4 decades old and may or may not have had all of the maintenance necessary to keep it safe & reliable so it is highly recommended to download the Factory Shop Manual for your model (available through the CX Wiki - link in my signature) and go through all of the service procedures, regardless of whether your bike has reached the specified mileage.
I also recommend looking on all rubber parts with suspicion because rubber does not age gracefully. Check the date codes on your tires and replace them if they are over 5 years old no matter how good they look & feel (old rubber simply cannot flow around the irregularities in the asphalt well enough to grip, especially if it is cool or wet). If your bike still has the original rubber brake line(s) (should be replaced every 2 or 3 fluid changes = 5 or 6 years) I recommend shopping for modern stainless braided ones (they last practically forever and double the life of the fluid). And don't forget things like the rad hoses and the boot between the engine and swingarm (they can crack on the bottom where you don't see it).

·
Registered
430 Posts
It seems the pictures of JiMi's build as referred to by reclinedrelic have disappeared, just send him a private message if needed, he still has the bike and the fairing (like me, but I've got no build pictures)
Sorry, those pictures are not online anymore since I got rid of photopucket. I'm not sure if all details are visible in those pictures. But of course if anyone is interested just send me a PM with your email and I'd be happy to send you some pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to thank simi for his help today with my fairing issues, he took the time to not only provide photos, but a step by step description of how to assemble the fixing kit, and most of all what the bits do. Lol
Can't thank this site, and Mr simi enough.
Finished photos to follow soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Jimi would you consider posting your images to the forum for all to see? Click picture frame icon to insert images. One advantage of the VS forum is that they have storage room for all the media.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,904 Posts
You don't even need to use the picture button. Just click the place in the box where you type the message where you want the pic to go and drag the pic from the folder it is in on your computer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts