Honda CX 500 Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry to jump on this thread.
Can any one please tell me the symptoms of the atmospheric ports being blocked? Im at work, bike at home, would not go above 65mph on last run out. Just after a few ideas to play with when i get home. Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
5,167 Posts
Try a short run without the pods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pods Jets and Needles

Hi Iv put pods on my CX500c recently and it isn't running right now it seems to chock in the mid range, so do you know if I should change the needles or jets. I have already cut out the rubber part of the pod that blocks the air flow so it's not that. Any help would be greatful thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi guys, i probably am the most ignorant among you all, so my question is: if the stock carbs of my cx are 34mm (sorry i'm from italy so I do not use inches), how is that possible that everyone puts on it a 54mm or even wider pods on?
I guess even the murray's carbs are 34 (and i would love to buy them but right now they are out of my possibilities). I understood i have to change jests in 90-120 (min and max jets right? I saw min jets dont go up to 80, so i would think in both carbs, as min jet i get to use 90 main jets, am I right? plus 120 main jets for max) but my question is just about the size!

Thanks for any reply!!

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
thats a starting point so you may need to fine tune the sizes as you work along

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.