I removed my filters and the large rubber ring that I was going to Dremel down to size, but then looked again. As I placed only the rubber ring back on the carb, with out the filer to clearly see what was being blocked I viewed they do not block the ports. They are at least a 1/4 inch away and the diameter isn't small enough to block the port even if it was up against them. I left it as is. I'll run the engine (eventually) and see how it performs. If it seems like it needs attention, maybe I'll alter it at that time.
First I sanded the chrome with 100 grit to put some tooth on the steel surface, then I used JB Weld which held good on the steel but it didn't hold to the rubber. So I used Gorilla Glue which so far seems to be holding firm.
DId you have to rejet after installing these?After reading this thread, checked the K&N RC2340 Pod Filters I have for my CX500D stock carbs. Had to go back to the K&N site to get filter specs to be sure which Pod filter I had. This 54MM K&N filter does not have the internal shoulder to cause issues with air flow. Will be able to test once bike is back together. I am using flat side panels, so don't know how this filter fits with OEM side panels.
Had to cock the filter out about 1/16" to clear the choke cable connection. Pointing a phillips head screwdriver at the choke cable connection where the filter
is cocked out slightly to have enough clearance for the choke to operate properly. The filter still seals fine, too.
Been testing the CX with these pod filters and it runs fine without issues.
Flat panel cut out for pod: