Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I want to run some pods on my 1980 cx500c. i was wondering what size the carb neck is? I do not have a micrometer or calipers to measure. I am pretty sure there are a few people on here whom have done this swap. I am aware that jetting will have to be addressed properly. I will be running a 2into1 exhaust set-up also. So that being said, I thank anyone in advance for some answers on this setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
54mm if I remember right. I run UNI's that have a 2 1/4 inside diameter the hose clamp pulls them good and tight though.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hello everybody. I want to run some pods on my 1980 cx500c. i was wondering what size the carb neck is? I do not have a micrometer or calipers to measure. I am pretty sure there are a few people on here whom have done this swap. I am aware that jetting will have to be addressed properly. I will be running a 2into1 exhaust set-up also. So that being said, I thank anyone in advance for some answers on this setup.

Pods cause a lot of problems, just so you are aware. They require re-jetting among other things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.