Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a brand new CX500 Custom owner. I'm introducing myself, but plan to mostly lurk. Feel free to send me any advice on what things NEED to be done or should be done.

I'm working first to get this bike back to 100% mechanical integrity, then I'll start working on customization. I went this route with my Yamaha, and now it's an outright road rocket.

Bike is in rough shape, but runs. Odometer says 33k, but PO claims it was replaced at some point, so who really knows. PO also ran the bike without an airbox/filter and "just winged it" when he messed with the carbs. So..... I've got my work cut out.

I bought it cheap, so it's all up from here.

If anyone is in my area, feel free to hit me up for a ride or drinks. This CX500 won't see the street until next spring at least, but I've got a Yamaha XJ650 and a Ninja 250 that just love to roll down the road.

-Daric

rsz_20150728_205247.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Free FSM available on wiki. Check cam chain first. You are probably due for triple bypass. Welcome aboard.
Thanks NoLimitz, I think that would be a great place to start from the reading I've been doing. I don't plan on this being back on the road anytime soon, so I'm going to assume PO did zero maintenance and catch it up accordingly. I've already got a digital FSM and have been starting to step through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I received along with the bike a box of "I don't know, carbs or something"

I've just finished a first go through of the contents and have found 5-6 carb bodies, coil pack, a number of instrument cluster pieces, a spare headlight and various other bits and bobbles. I'll be scavenging from here to address my own needs on the bike then I'll be shining up and listing the rest as for sale cheap.

Anyone need a carb body or set?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts