Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK,
I have some questions about the duel TAP Pingle petcock that I see discussed on the Form.

Has anybody used it and does it work for our bikes?

The reason I ask is that this is a DUAL SOURCE petcock and our bikes require one source and one Return. The return line on the original petcock goes to a tube and the return fuel is expelled at the top of the tube where it does not disrupt the fuel flow to the intake source which goes down to the fuel filter and fuel pump.

I would be concerned that if you connected the return line to one of the sources, it might disrupt fuel flow to the engine and cause the engine starve for fuel?

Is this a concern with this specific Pingle Petcock Part # 3110-D-AH , and adapter Part # A2003C

·
Registered
201 Posts
the stock fuel valve closes the feed line and keeps the return open. the pingel closes both feed and return... so if you turn off the pingel valve and later on, turn the key on, the fuel pump pressurises the system and has nowhere to go except all over your rear case.. through the fuel line connection going from the regulator to your closed return valve. go ahead, ask me how and why I know this? to boot I now have a fuel starvation issue that think is related to a weak pressure regulator. without vacuum applied the regulator was forced open by the pressure of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the stock fuel valve closes the feed line and keeps the return open. the pingel closes both feed and return... so if you turn off the pingel valve and later on, turn the key on, the fuel pump pressurises the system and has nowhere to go except all over your rear case.. through the fuel line connection going from the regulator to your closed return valve. go ahead, ask me how and why I know this? to boot I now have a fuel starvation issue that think is related to a weak pressure regulator. without vacuum applied the regulator was forced open by the pressure of the fuel pump.
Thank you for answering my original question, LOL. I had a hunch that this particular one would not work.

I really want to ask you how and why you know this, but I think I can already envision this in my imagination based on your description above.

JPS:eek:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What we really need from pingel is something like this which is what they make for a Harley.

pingle fuel injection manifold.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts