Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if I could get some info on Pillion seats,will either of these seats fit a 83 GL650i.

I'm asking here because they are a bit of a drive for me at a bike salvage yard.

This is the only info I have on them

1982 Honda Silver Wing 500 or 650 CC

1982 Honda Silver Wing 500 or 650 CC

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
They both should work fine.

The Gl500 and 650's interchange most parts weather it's for an interstate or not it doesn't matter.

What kind of price do they want since those rear cowls have been a bit hard to find lately.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.......I did a bit of searching on Motogrid and came up with different numbers,probably paint codes,decals etc,...that's why I was wondering...

$25 and $40,he only has one and I'm not sure which is which...........

·
Registered
313 Posts
they will interchange, but i believe the 650 had a bit different padding and possibly more durable stitching...

For the cost, get the one that doesnt have cracks in the rear cowel or seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will grab which ever one he has ....as he told me one was sold but not which one..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well........GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After a bit of a drive(almost 2 hours) I get there and ask for the seat/cowl.......he shows me just the seat .........no cowl no grab bar

How do you say disappointed politely.......

But I did grab this,and some 550 stuff.....not what I wanted but may work....do you think the colour will clash with the Wine Berry Red..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.