Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Deluxe does make a difference, there is a guy with a very cool military themed bike on here with a white rally striped seat on it. I cant remember his name on here though.....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well i bought the exact one but for a custom. Took about 15 days or more to revieve it but i love mine. I bought the whole seat so i didnt have to refoam and recover my old one. I like it this way so my wife can ride with me on my stock seat still....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i bought the exact one but for a custom. Took about 15 days or more to revieve it but i love mine. I bought the whole seat so i didnt have to refoam and recover my old one. I like it this way so my wife can ride with me on my stock seat still....

cool. is it hard to mod the pan to fit this bike? how is the foam? soft, regular, tempurpedic? haha

how is the cover? doubting it's real leather, but are the hems real, or "printed" onto the vinyl?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hems are sewn in the vinyl its very nice. I would just buy the complete seat if its available, i dont know how easy it is to apply the foam and cover to the pan. He does a nice job, very legit. Foam is kinda hard but it feels good, good control....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Be careful, they don't all look that good once fitted. Here is a pic of one on my deluxe pan...[attachment=1178:cx500 cafe2.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
i am confused, they are sold (typically) with cover AND foam, right? yours looks like just a cover or something?

That is the cover/foam kit from the exact place that you had a link to. In their defense, it said it was for a custom, but it fit the deluxe pan fine. It looked so damn ugly that I took it off and custom fabbed my own seat from scratch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.