Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have my Silverwing now, but I have questions. It doesn't seem to have the correct tank - other bikes I look at have a more seemless look between the side covers where it meets the tank. Also, If anyone is interested in a front seat for "vertically challenged people", I would be willing to trade this seat for a different seat. I'm six foot tall, and this seat is a little uncomfortable for my height. Please let me know what you think, and also let me know what you think the tank is actually from.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
that is not the silverwing tank.,,, pull the seats and take pics of the tank mounting... then post...

also see if you get full turning of the steering without hitting the tank...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did some research, and it turns out to be a Honda CX500 tank. I don't like it on m bike - I want the correct tank. I am watching one on Ebay right now, but if someone has a GL500 tank (in good shape) and would like to have a CX500 tank, let me know. If you don't have a GL500 tank, then I will be selling this tank when I buy the correct one.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
its a deluxe tank on your bike i would check out the buying and selling forum and on the bay

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by "deluxe tank"? It wouldn't be original to the bike, would it? It is in great shape. What could one expect to get out of it if I were to sell it?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
my silverwing doesnt have the correct tank. theres pictures around here of what happened to the old one. how was this tank mounted? i had to get really creative mounting mine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dang, if I was ready to do my cafe conversion, I'd trade you tanks...
(damn money)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts