Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all of you that gave me advice before when I was going to buy a bunch of parts from a CX500C and cautioned against it since many parts were not compatible with my '78.

So since then I've just kept cruising CL once or twice a day and found a '78 with 19,8xx miles. It's rough generally, but some parts are nicer than the one's on my project like the comstars and the exhaust header pipes and a few other parts. The seat is decent so I don't have to use the ugly King & Queen that came on my project bike.

Asking price was $300, way too high especially for the condition, but I got him down some and it only ended up being a little more than the original guy wanted for just parts (no engine, carbs or cooling system).

Once I finish my project I'll have a bunch of stuff to post on the Buy/Sell part of the forum.

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do that on the forum and/or have the time to do so.

Cheers!

Adam

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
cool,good find.if you want a picture posted,e mail them to me,ill do it for you

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bandit, will do!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.